Pledging to Put Plastic in its Place


We're on day 27 and our month is nearly up. Mum has been thinking a lot about what we can continue and what things we can't.

We've said before that even in a month there are things we've either not run out of (eg rice) or simply put off buying (like plimsolls and an art portfolio for school). So how and what we sustain is really important to think about.

Mum also wants to help other people reduce their reliance on plastic too. So, she's starting a series of pledges... Commitments that we (and you) can sign up to which will reduce our reliance on plastic and make the world a nicer place. You can start with just one if you like.

I pledge to never ever use a plastic straw again
I pledge to return plastic packaging to companies who use it needlessly
I pledge to only buy clothes that are made from natural fibres
I pledge to never buy or use cling film again
I pledge to buy the plastic free option whenever it's available and I can afford it
I pledge to stop buying shampoo in plastic bottles
I pledge to pick up 1 or 2 pieces of plastic litter and recycle or dispose of it safely
I pledge to use bamboo toothbrushes rather than plastic ones
I pledge to never use a throwaway drinks bottle or coffee cup again
I pledge to buy biodegradable nappy sacks or dog waste bags rather than plastic ones
I pledge to never buy bread in a plastic bag again
I pledge to get my milk delivered in glass bottles
I pledge to buy cheese that comes in wax or paper instead of plastic
I pledge to talk to people about reducing my plastic use
I pledge to buy recycled plastic when I have to buy plastic
I pledge to mend my clothes or re-purpose them rather than throw them away
I pledge to use handkerchiefs rather than tissues
I pledge to use real tea instead of teabags or find plastic free teabags
I pledge to get my washing up liquid bottle refilled
I pledge to make my own yoghurt
I pledge to make my own biscuits

Please let us know if you come up with your own. Use the hashtag #PlasticFreePledge 😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What #PlasticFreePledge will you make?

Far too easy to forget

3rd day and mum still hasn't phoned the milkman😳